Do you love to look for the insights behind the numbers?
Do you have a passion for market research?
Haystack is looking for you!
Become our Research Expert @ Heverlee, Belgium
Founded in Belgium (and really proud of it!), Haystack’s Needlefinders travel the world to help our (multi)national clients find the needle in a haystack. It’s not the easiest challenge, yet one we always accept with great enthusiasm and eagerness in an entrepreneurial spirit.
“At Haystack, we empower people, brands and ideas to reach their full potential”
At Haystack, sensory input, emotion, cognition and context sit at the heart of everything we do. We strongly believe in a holistic approach in a multi-disciplinary context, rooted in innovation. Consumer-centric design thinking sits at our core, we blend trustworthy experts with collaborative, flexible and creative Needlefinders.
Manufacturers, retailers and service providers rely on Haystack as a partner for insights, innovation and technology. Our focus lies within the domains of innovations (from idea whitespace to launch), shopper, brand strategy & communication and experience management. By using passive measurements, digital and analogue qualitative-quantitative and sensory solutions in combination with evidence-based analysis, we shape the client’s business problem to drive commercial impact.
SAY YES IF YOU WANT TO BECOME A DRIVING FORCE BEHIND QUANTITATIVE RESEARCH
You will be an integral part in creating the research that we deliver to clients. Day to day you’ll be responsible for delivering market research projects, including.
Your playing field and responsibilities
- You spend most of your time task managing the set-up and delivery of smaller projects autonomously and supporting senior colleagues with more complex projects
- You manage projects respecting quality, budget, efficiency and timelines
- You develops questionnaires for smaller/standardized projects and creates draft questionnaires that serve as a start for Senior colleagues
- You will translate the research questions into analysis design, conduct basic analysis and will look for patterns / trends in the data. You build an analysis scheme, can outline a report (from numbers to insights), including conclusions and suggest business recommendations (to be validated by senior colleague). You use different sources available to set the findings in context of the market
- You are responsible for the overall client project communication and can handle (small) client requests on a daily basis, making sure the client is well informed at all stages of the market research process
- You think and act proactively on the most adequate approach, based on client briefing, for standard and low to medium complex requests. You conduct necessary background work for pitches and proposals, supporting a senior colleague in the development of research design and proposal. Develops proposals autonomously for small/standard projects, including timing and budget
- You are responsible for your project cost controlling, project rentability and financial settlement
SAY YES IF YOU FEEL YOU ARE THE ONE
- You are hands-on and have a studious mindset
- You can work independently & result-oriented in an accurate, consistent and proactive manner
- You are data-driven with a mindset that is both analytical and creative
- You have a passionate and hardworking personality
- You have a high level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- You ask questions, have natural curiosity, don’t take things for granted
- You are a proven team player
- You have advanced project management skills, and are able to manage own time responsibly and multi-task
- You have an active interest in marketing and the research industry
- You have 3+ years’ experience in a similar research role
- You have a Bachelor or Master Degree in Psychology, Sociology, Economics, Marketing, Communication Sciences or similar
- You have solid knowledge about of Microsoft Excel / PowerPoint and advanced analysis skills
- You have a good level of verbal and written communication skills in English
SAY YES IF OUR OFFER CAN DELIGHT YOU
We are investing as much in people as in innovations. We create an environment that offers opportunities to develop and where you feel part of a great, dynamic and passionate team of colleagues and experts. Join a fresh eyed company where ownership and autonomy are encouraged.
- Challenging projects for an international client base seeking added value
- Customized training plans and exciting career opportunities
- A very nice and inspiring office; and top-notch sensory lab in the green suburbs near Leuven
- A competitive salary on top of a set of extra-legal advantages
3 TIMES YES?
Now that your heart is beating faster and you can’t wait to tell your friends about the above… Stop, breathe in and send your application letter and resumé (CV) to
We look forward to hearing from you!